Pixar Exhibition @ Science Center

Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc, The Incredibles, UP, Cars. Theses are all animation films produced by Pixar. There are still many other animation titles produced by Pixar.

Finding Nemo happens to be my all time favorite animation. And do you know that this particular animation took 3 whole years to produce?

Ain't you interested in how the animation looked like at the very first stages?

Thanks to Omy.sg and the Science Center, I got the chance to visit the Pixar Exhibition held at the Science Center on Thursday.



Photobucket

Photobucket




Photobucket

Photobucket


In the exhibition, we got to see the many sketches of the animation's characters at it's early stages. Not forgetting sculptures which are used in animating the characters.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket




Other than all the great art works of the animations, there are two main attractions of this exhibit which are the Artscape and the Zoetrope.



Artscape
Photobucket


Zoetrope
Photobucket


More photos!




Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ash was there too!

Photobucket

This guy got to go all thanks to me. LOL!


I quite enjoy myself at the exhibition, looking at parts of the storyboards of the animation that I loved. And of course, I'm a media student and hence I have a different perspective on the exhibit. Why do I say that? Well, I would say that this exhibition is like an art exhibit as quoted by the organizers. You will not see life sized figures of the various characters at the exhibit. But in a way, you can see how the story was created.


In my opinion, I think that this exhibit is more for Pixar lovers and also people who love art or those interested in animation. XD





3 Response to "Pixar Exhibition @ Science Center"

  1. jfook says:

    I wanna go there too...:P

    Anonymous says:

    Lots n lots of cartoons....so cool, following your tweet too.

    Wow everyone is talking bout this exhibition. I feel like going too! And Nemo is uber cute!

Post a Comment